Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sew Along update - the bodice is finished!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  I got to spend some quality time with my two favorite boys so it was a great one for me!  :)

So I am a bit behind on my dress as I have been crazy busy planning this Winter Fest party but I did manage to finish the bodice over the weekend.  I got a bit held up though - you know the cliche "my dog ate my homework"?  Well, my son chewed my facing pattern piece.   I thought the pattern pieces were safe on my couch, but my son decided at that moment to learn how to pull himself up on the couch, grab the pattern and stick it in his mouth!  The funny thing is, I was so excited he pulled himself up, I didn't even care that a piece of my pattern now looked like mush. :)  So after drafting a new facing piece, here is what I have so far:


So far so good!!  I love the fabric so much and I'm hoping to finish it in time to wear to the party!


12 comments:

  1. I can't sew for the life of me! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wish I had the patience to sit down and sew! Jealous much :)

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! How exciting he's pulling himself up - start childproofing now - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely!
    I remember the days when I tried to cut out patterns with Vyla around, pattern pieces did not survive!!


    Be Sure To Enter My Exposed Envy Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great!
    Please Check out my blog and follow me!
    http://vi-vant.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it's going to be so pretty! That fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your amazing! Period, end of discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The good thing is that you don't give up!You will be two times happier when this project is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's coming along nicely. lol, i've learned that NOTHING is safe...ANYWHERE! congrats on your son's milestone!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pattern; I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Old school